Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do you replace a drive belt on a 98 Eclipse?

I just bought this car about a month ago and I've been working on all the small things wrong with it. I need the replace the drive belt (serpentine belt) but I cant seem to figure out how to relieve the tension on the belt. Has anybody done this before? Any help would be appreciated. ThanksHow do you replace a drive belt on a 98 Eclipse?Something to add to what she said, if you've never done it before then have a professional change your timing belt. I'm not sure about the N/As but the 4G63T is an interference engine which means that if the timing is off or the belt breaks then your in for a costly top end rebuild.How do you replace a drive belt on a 98 Eclipse?What model is your car, i have a GST so I will tell you how mine is done and how yours should be if it's not the turbo model. I either unbolt my crank pulley, put a flat head screwdriver under the belt pulley on the cam and lift up and push off, or the little hydraulic tensioner that pushes on a little pulley on the middle of the motor is held up by two bolts and unscrew them and it will loosen up. If you need any help just let me know and I will be more than glad to walk you through it. And on our cars its called a timing belt, a serpentine belt is on an american type of car that only has one belt.
  • medium length hair
  • do for extremely dry skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment