Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I get a belt to quit squealing?

It is the serpentine belt. I have check the belt it is in good condition and I have trying some belt dressing but it only helps for a little bit. A co-worker told me it needs to be tightened. I have no clue how to do this. I just need a description of what needs to be done and I can do it. I am good with cars. Remember this is a hit to my pride because I can't figure it out.How do I get a belt to quit squealing?If we had some information about the car it would help use explain how you tighten it. A lot of the serpentine belts have and auto tentioner on them so there is no way to tighten the belts. they just need to be replaced once the strech out. I would double check the belt and make sure it is in good condition. If there are any cracks or the belt is hard (you finger nail should leave an impression on the top part of the belt) then it needs to be replaced no matter what. Hope this helps.How do I get a belt to quit squealing?Get another belt. You might either have separate belts or a serpentine belt; the point, though, is that if it's squealing, you need a new one because that one's about to snap on you.How do I get a belt to quit squealing?put some wd 40 on itHow do I get a belt to quit squealing?You really cant not for long anyway. You probally need a new belt but you can try tightening the belt pre-tensioner. Try loosening the altenator mounting bolts and prying carefully between the alt and mounting bracket with a long screwdriver hold it tight and re-tighten the bolts.How do I get a belt to quit squealing?Don't feel bad about it. Welcome it because you get to learn something new. Also, I had a belt squeal on me before, and finally someone said it needed to be tightened, so they did tighten it after the battery died. Get this fixed as soon as possible so it doesn't happen to you. I am sorry I can't help you with how to tighten it up. I don't know much about cars.How do I get a belt to quit squealing?WD-40How do I get a belt to quit squealing?One of the components the sepentine belt is driving is going bad. For example your alternator may be going bad and is nearing the point where it locks up.How do I get a belt to quit squealing?No WD-40. Belt will slip.

Use a bar of soap. Touch the belt.How do I get a belt to quit squealing?Take your car to a self-help shop and let them help you. I hate to tell you this, but you probably need a new belt.How do I get a belt to quit squealing?Spray some silicone on it. I would refer to the manual. I have had this happen to my car and if you spray something on it, it just prolongs the inevetable...change the belt using the manual. If you do take it somewhere to be fixed tell them exactly what you want them to do. If you say %26quot;I'm not sure what it is%26quot;, they can charge u all kind of extras. You are an independant girl but sometimes you need some help. Best wishes.How do I get a belt to quit squealing?I know this is going to sound crazy, but I have had a lot of cars in my life that have had this problem after a little wear and tear. Try this, put you a bar of soap in the car, and the next time the belt squeals, get out and rub the bar of soap under the belt while it is turning. I know what your thinking, but just try it. You'll really be surprised.How do I get a belt to quit squealing?Ed is probobly right!How do I get a belt to quit squealing?the chap that said they have a floating tensioner is right i think iv never come across a serpentine belt that's had any adjustment and this is on many makes and models. sounds like its stretched a little and may be gone slightly hard due to age and heat. so replacement is prob only optionHow do I get a belt to quit squealing?Replacing belt is the only way, belt looking good doesn't matter will still squeak if belt looks good anywayHow do I get a belt to quit squealing?It could your belt needs to be replaced even if it looks good.the auto tentioner on them has is what tightens the belts.Also the auto tentioner pully could be going bad.Placing WD-40 or soap on belts is not a good idea.It might quit the squealing till the belt brakes and leaves you stranded.

No comments:

Post a Comment