Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I loosen the serpentine belt on my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Actually the belt is a already off. I need to loosen the tension to put it on. I need DETAILS. I've heard about mounting bolts on the power steering but all the bolts look similar, and I have no idea where to start.How do I loosen the serpentine belt on my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee?'96 GC Laredo. V6 4.0



Sorry to butt in but I'm having a similar issue and was wondering if someone maybe able to advise. May even be same problem!



My tensioner bolt isn't below the power steering pump, but rather behind to the left. Also the only bolts I can see on the pump itself are 2 on the face of the pump which are stationary, the Haynes Manual leads me to believe these are supposed to be on the back and when loose, the pump moves quite a bit, alowing the belt to be put back on. Is it possible I (and possibly sammy) have a different pump setup? All diagrams I've seen look the same as my engine, just the pump %26amp; tensioner bolt are different.



Thanks for any help %26amp; good luck sammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment