Friday, June 3, 2011

What is the weight ratio for a weight belt for spearfishing?

I weigh 192 Lbs. I need to know how much weight do I need to put on my weight belt so I can dive better. Its in the ocean so theres some added buoyancy.What is the weight ratio for a weight belt for spearfishing?Start light, and see what works. Some people float or sink much more than others. If you're using a wetsuit of some sort, put it in a mesh bag, and add weights until it just floats.



If you're not using a wetsuit, I'd try just 2-3 lbs, and carry it, don't put it on a belt. You want to be able to ditch that thing in a hurry if you need to. Then add or subtract a pound or so at a time, and see what feels good. Practice ditching the weight belt in shallow water until you can do it first time, every time. An emergency is not the time to find that the belt buckle sticks.What is the weight ratio for a weight belt for spearfishing?Ralfcoder pretty much has the situation covered. What you are looking for is neutral buoyancy, you neither rise nor sink when wearing the belt but you are under water completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment