Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I replace the transmission drive belt on my Troy-Bilt Riding Mower?

The problem I am having is that the largest pulley is about 3/4 of an inch from inside the casing but the belt itself is about a whole inch thick. Do I have to remove the pulley to get the belt around it? (It is NOT the deck belt, it is the belt that makes the mower move forward or backward.)How can I replace the transmission drive belt on my Troy-Bilt Riding Mower?Sometimes you have to loosen or remove the belt-guard on the bottom of the motor to feed the belt up and around the pully, you also have an idler tension pully the belt go onto then the transmission pully, look for the spring uhook it put belt on rehook spring. good luck some are very hard to doHow can I replace the transmission drive belt on my Troy-Bilt Riding Mower?the troy bilt website can help you the best or ASK.COMHow can I replace the transmission drive belt on my Troy-Bilt Riding Mower?belts are very hard to get back on because of the tension.



sometimes it is easier to remove the pulley, put the belt around it, and pull the pully into its proper place and once its juuuust on its pin, use a block of wood and hammer to pound it back down.



unplug the spark plug so it doesnt start on youHow can I replace the transmission drive belt on my Troy-Bilt Riding Mower?Everyone here seems to think you are writing of the front of the machine. It is the belt under the seat.

You need to undo the large center nut and pull off the pulley. The pulley is on a spline, so be careful how you release the pulley. You might need to expand the pulley a little by heating it with a blow lamp, then the pulley will slide of the splines easier. Don't forget to use leather gloves, as your hands can get hurt pulling off the pulley, eh. Slide the new belt on and replace the pulley.

Best of luck.

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment