Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I remove the passenger seat belt panel in 99 Ford Taurus and replace it without damaging the car?

My passenger side seat belt will not extend or retract. I have yanked on it and yanked on and tried pushing it back in to no avail. The seat belt is not extended enough for anyone to buckle up. I need this fixed asap and a new seat belt is $226, so I'm hoping I can get this panel off somehow without damaging my car. Thanks in advance for your help!How do I remove the passenger seat belt panel in 99 Ford Taurus and replace it without damaging the car?Had the same problem on a jeep

Had to hammer a torx into the bolt head with a socket driver.

A couple hits and the recoil released and the seat belt worked again

Try striking the metal area around the recoil with a hammer.

The spring recoil inside gets dirty and gummed up.

Or a shot of WD40 inside the recoil holder might help

If you have to , take the belt assembly out first, its easier to dissassemble to work on.

The plastic cover does come off

There is a large bolt usually under the belt storage recoil and one that holds the over shoulder loop to the bodyHow do I remove the passenger seat belt panel in 99 Ford Taurus and replace it without damaging the car?Well Ms. Awesome, I suggest that you ask someone who knows what they're talking about and not attempt a sure-to-damage-your-car DIY based on what some internet stranger tells you.

No comments:

Post a Comment