Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I replace the auger belt on my Craftsman snowblower?

I cannot seem to slip on the new auger belt for the Craftsman C950-52919-0 9 hp 27 inch snowblower. The idler assembly (pulley) seems to be in the way. I can shift the pulley slightly but the assembly is too close to the impeller pulley. Any tips for installing the new belt?How do I replace the auger belt on my Craftsman snowblower?If there is a belt guide beside your top pulley loosen it %26amp; move it away from the pulley. Loosen the nut on the idler wheel %26amp; move it away from the impeller pulley. There is a belt guide on the bottom of the idler assembly that might be in your way too. If you can, walk the belt back %26amp; forth to try %26amp; get it past. If not, the easiest thing is to %26quot;split%26quot; your machine. On each side where your belt cover bolts on there will be 2 bolts at the top side by side. Remove these bolts %26amp; put pressure on the handles and the front of your machine. A sharp push on both should open it like it is on a hinge. It's hard to explain but it works. When you have the belt on %26amp; have put the machine back together you need to tighten the top belt guide %26amp; the idler pulley. Engage the auger %26amp; adjust belt guide so it is about 1/8%26quot; away from the belt. Tighten the idler pulley so the belt has about 1/2%26quot; of play. Good luck, %26amp; I hope this helps.



ArnHow do I replace the auger belt on my Craftsman snowblower?THANX,YOU ENABLED MY SON TO MAKE 700.00 WITH YOUR ANSWER-JUST GOT 25 INCHES OF SNOW-THANX AGAIN--I USED YOUR %26quot;HINGE IDEA%26quot;---the owners manual is a joke

Report Abuse

How do I replace the auger belt on my Craftsman snowblower?you are trying to install the belt on the wrong side of the idler pulley, the pulley is what puts pressure on the belt to engage it, (blower). Look again at what your doing and you'll see what I mean. GL broHow do I replace the auger belt on my Craftsman snowblower?if you can get it to go on most of the way you might be able to walk it on the rest of the way by bumping the starter over slightly till it goes the rest of the way, But be careful not to get your fingers in the way. use a large screwdriver if you must to keep fingers away. If you don't have electric start you can pull the rope and still might walk it the rest of the way

No comments:

Post a Comment