Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to tighten my washing machine belt?

Have a 15 year old white/westinghouse spacesaver machine. got the front cover and have access to everything. When I push on the belt it moves about 2 inches, but it appears to have a tensioner in the back. The pulleys sit low and I dont know if I can get under there to see more. Any ideas as to how I can tighten this belt? I've read about loosening the pump and pushing it to tighten, but it does not move when the bolts are loose.How to tighten my washing machine belt?I'll assume that the reason you want to tighten the belt is because of poor spinning. The tensioner is what tightens the belt. Chances are the belt is original and has stretched or it has become glazed. Take your model number to an appliance store and they should be able to sell you the OEM replacement. Hope that helps..How to tighten my washing machine belt?why do u want to tighten it, it has a spring loaded tensioner

No comments:

Post a Comment