Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I pick a new seat belt for a 97 corolla?

I need to replace the driver seat belt on my 1997 corolla. Are seat belts generic parts that fit on most cars, or does each car have its own type?



In other words, do I have to buy some kind of specific corolla seat belt made by Toyota, or can I get one anywhere?How do I pick a new seat belt for a 97 corolla?THIS POST HAS SINCE BEEN EDITED FOR CONTENT!



It should be AGAINST THE LAW to sell a used seat belt at a junkyard, as it would be unknown whether defective seat belts caused the vehicle to wind up in the junk yard in the first place. If there are laws that corporations must follow for braking safety, seat belts should be no exception to the rule.



Previously, as a counterman, I was told by numerous sources that belts from junk yards are illegal to re-use. Now, in studying my advice like I should have done to start, I read that to repair a seat belt is illegal.



See: http://www.cartalk.com/content/columns/A



With no clear visible proof of the law, I must relent to the advice I gave as false.



In any case, you should either purchase another from aftermarket sources or go straight to the source and avoid the junk yard for seat belt straps for that main reason.



http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=na

http://www.car-stuff.com/mmparts/toyota-

This is an example of the price you would pay for a universal one. Do not by any means consider this as your last opinion; shop around for information. The search link is included.



http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,7601

Here is Autozone's price for a generic portion of seat belt (strap only).





Best of luck!How do I pick a new seat belt for a 97 corolla?Make your own seat belt, a neck belt would also be a good idea.How do I pick a new seat belt for a 97 corolla?Buy Toyota parts for that.



The mounts, latches, and slides are different from manufacturer, to manufacturer.How do I pick a new seat belt for a 97 corolla?go to the local junkyard and pull an entire assembly out of another 1997 toyota corolla.



simple and it only takes about 30 minutes, a few hand tools (screwdriver and socket wrench's) and maybe $20-$30How do I pick a new seat belt for a 97 corolla?Sell the car, it's not worth the 12-15 dollar investment.How do I pick a new seat belt for a 97 corolla?You have to have the inertia reel as well as just the %26quot;strap%26quot;. New price from Toyota will hurt your feelings!



Look here for a salvage yard in your area. They may even install one for you.;http://car-part.com/
  • directx 9 0c runtime
  • tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment