Monday, September 19, 2011

How do you get the timing right when replacing the timing belt on a 1997 Ford Ranger?

I replaced my timing belt and based on answers from previous questions my timing is off. I followed a Haynes manuel and lined up everything. On the cam I matched the symbol on the pulley to the symbol on the housing, and did the same with the oil pump. I also made sure that the number one piston was in Top dead center. Is there something that I justed completely looked over, or some trick that I dont know?How do you get the timing right when replacing the timing belt on a 1997 Ford Ranger?I'm believe you are talking about a 4 cylinder engine 2.3 liter. After you line up the marks like you did you should make sure you have the slack side of the belt towards the tensioner side of the belt. If you don't put the loose side of the belt towards the tensioner when you tighten it up it will pull the cam of a couple teeth.How do you get the timing right when replacing the timing belt on a 1997 Ford Ranger?yes Chrysler is the only one that can go in two ways gm ford have gears and you can be out one tooth ether wayHow do you get the timing right when replacing the timing belt on a 1997 Ford Ranger?how do You know Your timing is off?



i need feed back



remember the distributor's rotor must be point it to cylinder one spark plug,beside all of the above



if You are sure of all You have done ,then leave that area alone.How do you get the timing right when replacing the timing belt on a 1997 Ford Ranger?The no 1 piston has to be up to the top and the marks on the gears that the belt rides on have to line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment