Friday, September 23, 2011

How much should I pay for a timing belt change for a 2003 audi A4?

I have an Audi a4 with 57K miles, and it is due for 60K service. The dealer asks for $800, and it doesn't include timing belt.



My question is how much should I pay for replacing timing belt? and is $800 a fair price to charge for 60k service?



Thanks.How much should I pay for a timing belt change for a 2003 audi A4?The scheduled Audi time is 2.6 hours for timing belt change + parts.$800 is expensive for 60,000 service.Regards Mick.How much should I pay for a timing belt change for a 2003 audi A4?I have a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro with 76K Miles and just had my timing belt replaced. At the same time, I replaced the water pump, serpentine belt, 4 spark plugs and cylinder 1 coil - $615.23



If you replace the timing belt, you might just as well do the water pump and serpentine belt.

Report Abuse

How much should I pay for a timing belt change for a 2003 audi A4?Sure 800 is alright you could probable find it cheaper but since its from the dealer its usally worth it. I would just do it myself and save 700 something dollars.How much should I pay for a timing belt change for a 2003 audi A4?dunnoHow much should I pay for a timing belt change for a 2003 audi A4?Well, that particular motor has zero clearance, which means if the belt breaks, lets say at 50 mph, you will be looking at...



The timing belt on my 98 Audi A4 just failed, at about 50 MPH. I

haven't taken it to the dealer yet (Scared! They said possibly from

$1000 to $4500 depending).



Of course, if you have the tools and knowledge, you can buy the part and do it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment