Friday, September 23, 2011

How can I take the drive belt off of a 2004-05 Troybilt riding lawn mower?

I need to change the drive belt, but I have no idea how to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!How can I take the drive belt off of a 2004-05 Troybilt riding lawn mower?Is it the deck drive belt or the transmission belt? Same procedure really. Follow the belt from the engine pulley to the destination pulley. There should be another pulley that is spring loaded pushing against the belt. This is the tensioner. Pull this back to loosen the belt. Reverse order to put the new one on.How can I take the drive belt off of a 2004-05 Troybilt riding lawn mower?If you are talking about the ground drive belt, the one that moves the tractor, you will have to remove the mower deck to get to it. That is the hard part. Set the brake/clutch, this will put slack in the belt. Before you start make sure that you have a diagram to follow when replacing the belt. If not a couple of digital photos or a drawing will help. On my sears tractor the diagram is under the foot rest. That makes it easy while you are under the mower. I use car ramps and drive up on them a bit to raise the tractor. Easier for us old guys. Just make sure you can put it back on right.

No comments:

Post a Comment