Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I adjust the belt tensioner in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler?

I need to change my serpentine belt. How do I change the pressure the tensioner puts on the belt so I can remove and replace it?How do I adjust the belt tensioner in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler?put a wrench on the end of the tensioner or some tensioners have a 3/8's%26quot; breaker bar hole at the top of it, whichever you have you need to move the tensioner either left or right to loosen the belt to be able to take it off, there is quite a bit of tension on the tensioner so it will take a little muscle to move it.How do I adjust the belt tensioner in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler?You don't it pivot's one way than you remove the belt idlers and tensions wear out if they never been changed replace both or you will be on the road doing it.Oh one more thing if your vehicle is missing the tag for how the belt is installed draw a diagram its easy to screw this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment